Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sleepy

Nicki works nights - 8 hours shifts from 3 to 11 twice a week and 12-hr. shifts twice a week from 11 am to 11 pm. She was off today but, last night, they gave her the option of coming in at 7 this morning and working till 11 so one of her 12-hr. shifts this week will be reduced to an 8-hr. She jumped at the chance so, following a late shift and even later return home last night, she had to get up early to be at work by 7 a.m.

When she got home this morning from her extra 4-hr. shift, she was telling me about her morning. Apparently, Daelyn got up to join her while she showered and got ready. She said she was in the kitchen around 6 a.m. when he suddenly appeared, shrugged, threw his arms out to the sides in a gesture of "whatever can I do about it" and exclaimed, "I think I might be a genius!"

He continued with "All my friends say I am". I believe he must have had a very realistic dream because I've never heard ANYONE call him a genius. It's not that he's stupid, just not brilliant - at least, not that we know about.

Nicki and I rolled our eyes and had a good laugh over our little genius. She found it quite funny that he used that in place of "good morning" or "how are you today" or even "I'm a little hungry, how about you?"

Welcome to the Doughty Home, Nicki. All geniuses are welcome here, even if you're only 5 and still half-asleep.

3 comments:

Santa Claus said...

Happy New Year!

Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. I hope you enjoyed reading it.

I wanted to get back to you and answer your question about "Who is Jingle?". Jingle is my chief of Staff. He is an elf. I met Jingle many, many years ago... I can't even remember what year it was. He has been in his current position as chief of Staff since 1993. I don't know how I would get anything done without him.

I hope that answers the question.

May you all have a blessed New Year.

Your friend,
Santa

p.s. Love Frank Peretti novels.

Eric said...

Hello!!!
Long time no comment on your blog. My computer at work was changed and I could not get your blog site again???

I have it now and saved it again. Do you ever hear from "The Here and After?"...Trina?

Patti Doughty said...

Eric, I hear from her every day, since she's my sister. She's been very ill for the last four months and has been unable to post.

Hopefully, she get back into the swing of things soon. I'd be happy to pass along a message.

Patti