Search This Blog

Monday, November 03, 2008

Heavy Heart

I'm just too tired tonight to do very much writing. But I wanted to Post, since my heart is heavy.

Don got a call yesterday afternoon from his mother. His uncle, my mother-in-law's younger brother, died of cancer yesterday morning. It was very sudden and we certainly weren't prepared.

Her other brother, Ron, was with Tom when he died. The funeral will be Thursday in a little town outside of Denver called Windsor, CO.

I also had to make a call to the ENT today about Dane. We agreed when he saw Dane last week that we would touch base today about his tests and his condition. The short version is that Dane has an appointment tomorrow for us to talk about surgery. He has worsened on antibiotics and we just can't continue to pump heavy-duty antibiotics into Dane with no response.

I should know more about both these situations tomorrow. Tonight, I just want to go to bed.

No comments: