Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Simple Things in Life

The children got their Report Cards last week - all E's, yet again.

It's not that I'm not proud - of COURSE I'm proud, how could I be anything but - it's just that, after a while, it loses some of its glitz. What do you do for the children to encourage them when this seems to be par for the course. I decided an ice cream cone would make them feel special without going overboard.

With Lent starting tomorrow, I decided today was the day. I dropped off the other children from my car pool and took my three to Dairy Queen for a cone. They opted for eating inside.

Ah - the small things in life. A creamy, sweet, ice cold cone to enjoy with three of my favorite people in the world. It hit the spot, for them as well as me.

Now, it's back to the grindstone. We've got to study 100 spelling words for Deanna's Unit Test tomorrow so she can continue to make E's.

No comments: