Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

No Z's

I started the Zithromicin my doctor gave me last Thursday. It seemed to take forever to kick in, but I felt better on Sunday. We had our church picnic and I was able to attend all day. I was done in by the evening, but that was mostly because of my ankle.

Round about Wednesday, I started feeling poorly again. By yesterday, I was coughing up yellow globs again, a sure sign of bronchitis. My nose is running constantly, I'm congested, coughing non-stop, and feel like I must have tread marks down my body from the truck that hit me.

I'm trying now to get a different antibiotic from my doctor so I can get some much-needed sleep. I've had this same trouble before with Z-Paks, but this time I'm too sick to play around with antibiotics that don't do the trick. Operating on no sleep is for the birds.

I'm chaperoning my son's field trip today - myself and a very pregnant mom. The teacher called last night and said her father is being discharged after two weeks in the hospital at 10:00 a.m. this morning and asked if I could handle being in charge of the field trip.

Why not? Coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, and having runny eyes hasn't stopped me from doing anything yet.

I just have to remember in the future that Z-paks result in NO sleep for me.

No Z's. Period.

No comments: