Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Crisis to Crisis

School started yesterday and Deanna was stressed out by last night - new uniforms, new teachers, new building, lockers, changing classes . . . lots of changes for her.

Don is recovering. He came back to bed last night for the first time and had a terrible night, so it appears he's headed back to the recliner. He has his one-week Post Op. visit with his doctor tomorrow.

I took Dane for his 2-week follow-up with the ENT this morning. His infection seems to be cleared up, and now we're just dealing with residual headaches. He scheduled another appointment for 2 weeks and said I can cancel if the headaches go away.

I have an urgent prayer request. My great niece, Reagan, has taken a turn for the worse. She began having seizures and strokes and her brain began hemorrhaging. My mother and one of my sisters went up to visit Sunday morning and were halfway home yesterday when they got the call. They turned around and headed back to Birmingham.

News has been sketchy. The doctors just don't know a whole lot. My sister is trying very hard to keep in touch with those of us still at home. They took the baby into surgery last night and she survived, which was rather unexpected, so that's good news. They're going to do a CT Scan of her brain today to try and find where the bleeding is coming from and check for brain damage. We should know more once the Scan results have been interpreted.

We're praying for a miraculous healing - no brain damage and for the bleeding to stop. The doctors say she's a little fighter. In the meantime, my father returned last night from his mission trip to Kenya to all of this. A friend and neighbor fed him dinner before I got there - I was at Wal-Mart picking up yet more school supplies for Deanna. When I arrived, he asked me to completely unpack him, both his suitcases, and get him settled in. I did, then started laundry and made sure he had breakfast foods before heading for home around 10:30.

I'm a little tired and waiting to hear about the CT Scan. My mother and sister are coming home today. My nephew's wife's family is all there at the hospital and between her family and our family, there was quite a crowd. Mom is recommending none of us go to Birmingham just now - that we wait and see what happens. Papa needs a few nights' sleep in his own bed and I'd like to get Don through his appointment tomorrow and the kids off to school on Friday if I do end up taking my parents back. It would leave things at home much more peaceful.

It seems we've been through a lot this year - Amanda's accident, Don's and my surgeries and my hospitalization, now the problems with the baby. I guess that's typical in a close, large family - something's always happening with someone.

Baby Reagan has fought so hard. I'm praying for complete healing and God's mercy in this situation, whatever that may mean for us. And I'm waiting.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I am so sorry to hear what all your family has been going through. Remember God is in Control & He knows what we can handle.... My prayers are with you and your family.....

Patti Doughty said...

Renee, thanks so much. I hope things are well with you.