Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Volleyball Dad

When I got home from my errands yesterday (a 3:30 meeting that I was leading, then to the Drugstore to pick up antibiotics for Dane, then to grab some to-go for dinner), I discovered Don was already home. Surprised to see him so early, I greeted him warmly.

"Didn't you get my message?" he asked. No message, but no wonder. I hadn't been home for hours.

"I decided to come home early and take the day off tomorrow to use up at least one of my vacation days before I lost it." Don had 4 remaining vacation days that expire today. He wanted to take them in conjunction with his surgery, but it just didn't work out.

So, in addition to having my wonderful husband home all day today, he got to go with me and the boys to Deanna's volleyball game, the second one he's been able to attend.

A girl could get used to this.

No comments: