Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Easily Swayed

Deanna: "Mr. Swenson got a new snake. He showed it to us in Science class today. He put a mouse in with it.

Boys: "GROSS!" "Cool!"

Me: "Did he EAT IT?" with great disgust in my voice.

Deanna: "No. And the mouse kept pecking at the snake."

Me: "YAY! I guess so. You'd peck at something, too, if you were just waiting for it to eat you."

Deanna: "I actually almost felt sorry for the snake."

Me: "You've got to be kidding. Snakes are gross."

Deanna: "You wouldn't think so if you heard Mr. Swenson. He told us how everyone thinks snakes are evil but they're really just misunderstood."

Me: "DEANNA! Get over it. Snakes are cursed by God. Satan took the form of a serpent. Man is at enmity with snakes. God made them crawl on their bellies. They're cursed."

Deanna: "So are we."

Me: "Don't talk to me anymore."

I hate it when she's right.

No comments: