Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

We married off my nephew this weekend. Whew! A lot of work and a tremendous amount of stress, but he's married and off on his honeymoon. Now I can begin to get my house clean again.

Yesterday, we all (the family plus all our guests from Canada) loaded up in vehicles and went out to visit my niece's boyfriend's farm. He has a working Grist mill that he operates. They raise black angus cattle, have donkeys, chickens, etc. It's 200 acres of hard work and fun.

On the way, my cousin, Calvin, was riding with me. He's been trying to develop a new hairdo since he's been here and has tried several different products in an effort to make it do what he wants. He pulled his baseball cap off and the front of his hair was flat.

"Shoot!" he hollered, and furiously began trying to spike the front of his hair up again.

"Calvin, you're wearing a hat. Nobody's gonna see your hair. Besides, we're going to a farm. There's no one there to see you."

"I have to look good for the COWS!"

No comments: