Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Dribbles

I threw on a shirt with my pajama pants this morning to run the kids to school. I was busy getting dinner in the crockpot right up until time to walk out the door. I figured I could get my bath after getting home.

I chose the outfit I wanted to wear today and slipped into the pink shirt before running out the door. When I got home from drop-off, I finished up my crockpot meal preparations, made my morning oatmeal and coffee, and headed to the computer to type up a recipe I need for a meeting tonight.

As I sat down at the computer, I happened to glance down. I ALREADY have two orange spots on my shirt.

How come this always happens to me these days? I didn't used to be like this. When I worked, I always looked neat and clean. Now, if I go out to eat, I ALWAYS dribble something on myself. Deanna thinks it's hilarious and frequently comments that she can't take me anywhere.

For several years, I've blamed it on the children. "Yep," I'd say, "those kids sure do get me dirty!" But the gig's up! I can't hide behind the "kid" excuse any longer. None of the children were even around when these orange spots jumped onto my shirt.

Do they make large bibs for adults? Do ya think anyone would notice if I walked around with a bib perpetually tied to my front? It'd be cheaper than replacing stained clothes annually!

No comments: