Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Contented Exhaustion

It's been a slow news week. Or, perhaps, it's been such a good news week that there was no time to write the news, only live it.

My uncle, two aunts, and cousin arrived from Canada on Sunday night. I drove my father to the airport in a neighboring town to pick them up. My cousin is staying with us and the furor of activity to prepare for his arrival and reclaim a bedroom out of the devastation that was, once again, a Toy Room just flowed smoothly into the frenetic pace of wedding preparations. With only two days remaining and tons of work still to be done, we're all working at break-neck speed and are experiencing far more stress than any of us should.

I'm planning to spend the day tomorrow at my sister's, helping to make food and finish up the decorations for the Rehearsal Dinner. I think they finished the Programs for the wedding today. Then there's the Bridesmaids Luncheon and decorating the Reception Hall on Friday. Lots, lots to do, but at least we're doing it with our family. My sister from California is arriving tomorrow night.

So, as I breath a deep sigh of exhaustion and head to the kitchen to work on lunches and the Flower Girl's basket, which I'm decorating, it is with a deep happiness in my heart. While I'm tired and having trouble focusing, the fun part is just around the corner . . . and I get to have all that fun with people who matter so much to me.

No comments: