Search This Blog

Monday, May 22, 2006

Better

The antibiotics and Kahlua and Cream did their job. I'm feeling better and ready to face the world again. And just in time, too. Of course, Don went back to work again today and I had to get the children up and dressed for school, breakfast made, laundry sorted and started, and the kids out the door. Dane has a doctor's appointment this morning, so I've got to be bathed, dressed, with hair done and make-up on before 10:15. Nothing like going from a standstill directly to a sprint.

And I'm sprinting in another way this week. This is the final week of school - YAY!! Deanna's teacher's husband is having major surgery tomorrow (for cancer), so today is her last day of school. The class is having a party in honor of her last day, using gift certificates they received for participation in a fund-raiser. Tomorrow, Dane's class has their end-of-year pool party all day. Deanna's is on Wednesday. Then, Thursday is Field Day and Friday is a 1/2 day, with most of the day being taken up with Assembly and Awards. I'll be subbing for Deanna's teacher and Don and Daelyn will join me for half of the morning.

Whew!! The last month is always a challenge. On the flip side, I never knew a person could sleep so much, short of a coma. The bronchitis really zapped my energy and I'd get up about 11:00 a.m. or so for a couple of hours, lay around on the couch, and then head back to bed for a nap around 1:00 or 2:00. Up around 5:00 to lay on the couch and kiss the kids good-night, then back to bed around 9:00. The whole weekend was just a blur. I didn't realize how bad it had been until the children were complaining about something yesterday and Don commented that he did the best he could and "have you noticed Mama? She hasn't even put on any clothes in the last 3 days, nor has she bathed or been outside the house."

A slight exaggeration. On Friday, while Don napped, I got Daelyn down for his nap, then dressed, picked the kids up from school, got them home and directed them through chores, then got Deanna to ballet at 3:30 before coming home and collapsing. But it was mostly true. I decided I better bathe, quick, before my husband caught whiff of me. Yesterday morning, I woke at 8 a.m. (a sure sign I was feeling better) and decided all the outside plants desperately needed watering. Truth be told, they needed watering on Friday and Saturday, too, but it just wasn't in me. But they got their water yesterday, and I wore myself out from 2 hours of watering. And I DID put on clothes.

So, today, I'm back in the saddle - attempting full-scale life, albeit gingerly. I'm trying to pad my day with naptime and rest time. But if I'm going to get my chores done and still have time for a nap, I've got to get to work - dinner to put in the crockpot, laundry loads to switch.

Have a wonderful Monday. Hope you all are able to accomplish everything on your To Do List today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on my to-do-list.

I put on my blog that we are cloing on the house this Friday. We are so excited.

Glad you are feeling better!