Search This Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Preschoolers

Overheard while in the van driving to the Mall with Daelyn and a 4-yr. old friend buckled in back seat.

Boy #1: "What's that smell?"

Boy #2: "It's you!"

Boy #1: "No it's not. I think it's your Mama."

Me: "I beg your pardon!! I just took a bath, put on perfume and deodorant and brushed my teeth. It certainly isn't me!!"

Boy #2: "I think it's gas."

Boy #1: "No, no. It was a bus."

Peels of Laughter. I have no idea what was so funny. I think they were trying to make a play on words and they thought they pulled it off.

Later:
Boy #2: "There's a crocodile."

Boy #1: "A Kroger truck?"

Boy #2: "No. A crocodile."

Boy #1: "A crock-go-dial?"

Boy #2, shouting: "A crocodile!!"

Boy #1, shouting back, and frantically looking outside the van: "Where?!?"

Boy #2: "Right here in this book."

Long quiet pause.

Boy #1: "What does that bug do?"

Boy #2: "I TOLD YOU, 'I don't know'. I've been saying it over and over again. I DON'T KNOW!"

Silence. Despite Boy #2's rants, I never heard him say anything until the above statement.

Just think how much fun three 4-yr. old boys would be. I need to pray more often for the Preschool Teachers of the world.

No comments: