Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Achy Breaky Body

I'm falling apart, piece by piece, like a leper whose body parts are decaying and dropping off.

First it was my mouth. I had some dental work and got a blister on the site of the novacaine injections. Since it was right on the muscle that opened my mouth, I couldn't talk (Don thought this was hilarious) for several days. I was in horrible pain and very grumpy.

Last Saturday I was walking around the van to get something out of the trunk when I collided with the rear door. Don had popped the trunk but had only opened it halfway. I was walking very quickly, bent down as I rounded the back, and ran my head right into the corner of the trunk door. Everything went black for a few seconds, then I saw stars. It was very painful and the pain just wouldn't stop after a reason amount of time, like I expected. I probably had a mild concussion. Anyway, my head throbbed for two days and still hurts when I wash or brush my hair.

I was sitting at the computer last night and my ankle was turned inward. My foot began to fall asleep, so I moved my foot and I heard a pop. My bad ankle. Pain shot through it and I couldn't put any weight on it for the rest of the evening.

This afternoon my collar bone on the right side began to hurt. So dramatically, in fact, that I couldn't lift the gallon of milk from the shelf at the grocery store.

I picked the children up from Choir Practice after my shopping and was rattling off my list of woes. Deanna started to laugh. It really was quite comical.

"I hope you get better before we go camping this weekend, Mom," she joked. You're not the only one. I can't imagine trying to pitch camp and sleep in a tent with all these aches and pains.

But the biggest problem is my husband. If I complain too much, he may want to trade me in on a younger model - one with a sleeker body style. God forbid.

No comments: