Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Daily Co-pays

Daelyn's strep test was negative. Dane's finger WAS jammed. The doctor told me to buddy tape his two last fingers together or use a splint if Dane was going to be doing any sports.

I struggled with sending Daelyn to school today. The doctor said it was a virus if it wasn't strep, and I wasn't sure that I should send the little guy to school sick just because it wasn't strep. I decided to keep him home and got my commitments for the day covered.

At 6 a.m., Dane climbed into bed with me.

"My throat hurts, Mama," he told me. I suggested he see if Don was still here and have Daddy give him a dose of Tylenol.

"He already did - just before he left for work. Then he told me to climb in bed with you."

By 7, he was feeling better, so I sent him off to school, reminding him that I'd be home all day and, if he got to feeling worse, he could call and I'd pick him up.

Around 9:30, the phone rang. Daelyn's 24-hr. strep was positive. He DOES have strep, after all. I called the school and asked them to get a message to Dane's teacher so she'd realize he might really be sick if he started to complain. About noon, I got the call.

"Dane's been complaining of his throat hurting. Now he's complaining of his stomach hurting and his cheeks are flushed."

Dane's appointment for his strep test is at 2:30. It's a shame we didn't catch it one day earlier and we could have saved ourselves today's visit.

Ah, well. Dr. Miller needs to pay off his new office.

No comments: