Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2007

Comments in Short Order

I used to get comments on my Blog - but no more. I'm not sure if my readers are just too busy or if it's too much of a hassle to create a log-in. Perhaps they're just quiet people with little to say.

Truth is, the latter is impossible for me to understand. I NEVER have little to say. When I read other people's Blogs, I can't help but post comments. Sometimes, when I find free time, I'll read several day's worth of Posts that I missed to get caught up and I have to fight the urge to comment on every single one.

At the bottom of the page of Posts, there's a feature on Blogger called Sitemeter. You can go on your own password-protected sitemeter and get all kinds of information about who has visited your Blog. For instance, you can see how many people have visited that day, the last hour, and the whole week. You can display graphs that show how many visits you have per month or per year by month. There's also a feature where you can see the location where the visitor is from.

Today, for instance, I've had visitors from Cyprus, Trinidad and Tobago (I have NO idea where this is), West Virginia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Florida, and some local visitors. Yesterday, I had a visitor from Australia. I periodically have visitors from the U.K. - probably my friends from over there. This week, I've also had visitors from Indiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Indonesia.

I have someone from Canton, Georgia who visits regularly. I have no idea who it is. It would be fun to put a name or personality with some of these locations. Florida, for example, is Tallahassee Lassie, or Talli, as we call her in the Blogger world. She's related to Joyce (Eric's mother) and Bomba (Eric) and has her own Blog which I read when I have time. She has recently (within the last year) had surgery to help her be able to hear - Talli's deaf.

Bomba recently married and stopped posting on his previous Blog. My sister, who also Blogs, has a friend, Jan, that she met through Blogging. I visited Jan's Blog regularly, too, until she discontinued it and moved to a Home-Schooler's web page. There was another that I read several years ago - a missionary in Manila - Daniel. But he went into a religious order and no longer posts.

I don't seem to have very much luck with links to other Blogs from mine. Especially since all the ones that I've linked to have gone away. It's the same with TV shows I like. Once I get real attached to them, they're discontinued. And foods. If it's something I REALLY like, you can bet the company's going to stop making it.

So, send me an encouraging note. Let me know who you are and that you're reading my Blog. Post a comment from time to time. I read them faithfully and, usually, respond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti, I read you regularly and have your blog saved in my favorites! Keep blogging for all of us out there who don't have the talent or ability to do so! Love Ya! Louise Muir

Patti Doughty said...

Thanks, Louise. That's good to know. Been thinking about you a lot lately - guess you've been on my heart. Hope all is well with you, and thanks for the comment!

Patti