Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Missing Barbecue

Don left Sunday to go out of town on business, so I did the weekly grocery shopping on Monday. My children love Lunchables, especially the BBQ Chicken Shake-ups, which happened to be on sale, so I picked up 3.

This morning, I opened the Lunchables boxes to put them in lunchboxes. The whole box doesn't fit, so I have to open them, take all the stuff out, and put the stuff in the childlren's lunches. Lo and behold, two of them - TWO - were missing the little barbecue packet. Now, how can you eat barbecue Lunchables when the barbecue is missing. Nothing else is the same - it's this powder packet and most people don't keep powdered barbecue sauce around the house.

Dane suggested putting a small container of barbecue sauce in the lunches, which was the only alternative. But I determined to call the company when I got home from helping in Daelyn's class and report the problem.

I talked with a very nice young woman who is sending me a coupon for 2 free Lunchables. At the end of the conversation, she said,

"Can I do anything else for you?"

"Not unless you make Frito-Lay corn chips, too," I joked. "I need to call Frito-Lay because I bought a bag of Bar-b-q Fritos and they're plain - no barbecue sauce on them."

"You need to steer your family away from barbecue," she laughingly suggested. I hadn't made the connection, but both products were missing the barbecue seasoning.

Perhaps there's a national shortage of barbecue flavoring. We're experiencing a drought in Georgia - maybe everyone else is experiencing a barbecue drought.

At least I had sauce for the nuggets for the kid's lunches. But dipping fritos in barbecue sauce is taking things just a little too far.

If Frito-Lay's Consumer Complaint line would just pick up their phone, I could get a coupon for those, too, and get all my barbecue problems straightened out. But I think I'll avoid buying this flavor for awhile. Sour cream and onion, here we come.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

B-B-Q Fritos are my favorite!