Search This Blog

Monday, October 08, 2007

The Drips

Dane and I both came home from the weekend with sore throats. While we were unpacking the van, he started to cry. His stomach hurt, his throat hurt, and his head hurt. I gave him a dose of Tylenol, then ran a warm bath in my deep soak-tub - with bubbles. I got him a drinked to sip while soaking, then left him to luxuriate in a comfortable tub.

By the time he was done with his bath, he felt better (probably because the Tylenol had kicked in). I, however, went to bed miserable, had a miserable night, and woke up even more miserable this morning. My nose ran all night and I couldn't wear my breathing mask with a stuffed-up nose, so my sleep apnea kept me from sleeping soundly during the 20 minutes my nose wasn't running.

After dropping the kids at school this morning, I headed to Wal-Mart for Nyquil. I'm tempted to take some right now, if it wasn't for a day packed with "stuff". It's Deanna's birthday, #11, and I want to take her fast food for lunch as a special treat. Then, warm cookies delivered to her class at 12:10, Kindergarten carpool at 1:00, etc. You know the drill. Every minute packed.

So I guess I'll just drip my way through the morning. If you see me and I don't wave, it's because I'm busy wiping.

No comments: