Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dating Dilemna

Don and I have a date tonight - a reunion of the folks who worked together in England.

Two of the guys that live in England have been in Idaho this week at the corporate office. They said they could fly down here from Idaho before flying home to England so they could see everyone. Several of the folks that worked on the project are from the Augusta area, many working at the site where Don works and some with offices in other locations near here.

It's a cocktail party with heavy hors d'oeuvres at a country club in a neighboring town. It will be fun to see some of the folks from England again. And it will be wonderful to be out with Don. We haven't been on a date in a very long time.

It's funny how women think when they're going somewhere special with hubby. Don's at a men's retreat and commented that he'd get home around 5:00, change clothes, and be ready to go. Meanwhile, I've been considering what I'm going to wear for 2 weeks, I need to take a bath, paint my toenails, dry and curl my hair, do my make-up just so, put on some nice smelling stuff, lotion on the legs and arms, . . . hours worth of work to spend 3 with my husband.

I spend at least 3 hours with him practically daily. But, for this, I need lots of extra work. I want to feel special and that means looking special. I doubt Don will even notice, but I'll know the effort I put into honoring him and anticipating the time we'll get the spend together this evening.

So it's off to the bathroom. The clock is ticking and I have SO -O-O-O-O much to do to get ready.

No comments: