Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dazzle 'em good, son!

It's been a hectic week. My first Crafts Show where I'm selling my soaps is this weekend, so I've been very busy preparing. Don told me I shouldn't do anything this week but get ready, so I've tried hard to be faithful to that.

One cute story, though.

I was helping out in Daelyn's class today, like always on Wednesdays. They've been learning end sounds and beginning sounds and this week they've been learning the letter "D". The teacher asked the children to think of words that began or ended with "d". Hands shot up. The children offered words like "doll", "dog" - your typical "d" words . . . until she called on Daelyn.

"Deactivate," Daelyn shouted out. The teacher turned to look at me with a smirk, trying hard not to laugh outloud.

"Daelyn," she asked, "do you know what 'deactivate' means?"

"Nope," Daelyn was quick to say.

"Don't worry," she responded. "Neither do I."

For goodness sakes, I thought. You may not know what the word means, but throw it out there anyway. It'll make everyone think you're intelligent, and they may never know you have no idea what the word means.

Thats-a my boy!

No comments: