Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2007

Head in the Game

There's a song from "High School Musical" about keeping your head in the game. The male lead character is distracted by an audition for a musical and his basketball buddies are afraid he'll lose the big game for them. The song has quite a catchy tune - "Get your head in the game!"

I feel like my head is completely in the game right now. The kids are learning their spelling words, their weekly and monthly scriptures, lunches are coming together nicely, breakfast is interesting, and they seem to be doing an amazing job at completing chores without even being asked or reminded.

Things may all fall apart next week, but for this moment, I'm treasuring the feeling of actually being "in" the game. Most of the time I feel like I haven't even made it through the gym door.

And I'll keep smiling at my children and telling them how proud I am of the job they're doing. All that positive reinforcement has GOT to be good for something.

If nothing else, it's stretching my facial muscles. I can always use a good stretch.

No comments: