Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2007

Never Enough Milk

For the second week in a row, I realized last night after 9 p.m. that we only had a half gallon of milk left and Friday is our cold cereal morning.

"Durn," I commented, under my breath. Don overheard me and asked what the problem was. I explained and he responded,

"That's because YOU did the grocery shopping!"

Not too pleased with that response, and privately suspecting him of jealousy since HE usually does the shopping, I asked him what he meant.

"You never buy enough milk when you shop."

Perhaps that's because it'd be cheaper to buy the cow! I ought to pick one up at a local farm and tether her in the backyard. It's pretty mild in Georgia - no need for a barn. I could throw her a few hay bales periodically and just think of all the great fertilizer I'd have, not to mention fresh milk for relatively free.

Lest you think I'm joking, it's really worth considering. When a gallon of milk costs more than crude oil or gas, it's high time to rethink our options.

Jack-and-the-Beanstalk's giant had the goose that laid the golden egg. Gumby's dog cries real pearls when he listens to the Clay Boy's music. Why can't I have a cow that produces liquid diamonds when milked?

No comments: