Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2007

Many Names

The kids are out of school - it's a teacher's work day. The kids still woke up early, as usual.

Daelyn came and climbed into bed with me to play with Donovan. I was woken out of a deep sleep by something wet on my belly. My pajama top had pulled up a little and Donovan had managed to climb under the covers. When he saw skin, he began licking. Yuck!

I called the kids into my bedroom and suggested that we all dress warmly and take off for the backyards to pick pecans. They fall early in the morning - probably because of the dew and warming up process. We threw on coats and headed out, with me promising to feed them a big breakfast after 1/2 hour of good pickin'.

An hour later (they were everywhere - it was hard to stop), Daelyn began complaining.

"I'm starving, Mama!"

"You're not Starving, son. Your name is Daelyn," I joked.

"No, I'm starving," he pushed.

"I'm your mother. I named you. I promise, your name is Daelyn, not Starving."

"Well, my name may be Daelyn, but in the food department, I'm Starving!"

No comments: