Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2007

Meanderings

My parents left this past Monday on a Mission Trip to Ghana and Togo. I've been unsettled in my spirit about this trip all week. Perhaps it's just that it's so close to Christmas and there's so much going on in my own life right now. But the more prayers for their protection going up the happier I'll be.

We have heard from them. They arrived safely in Ghana and then were heading up north into the mountains. A member of the church in Sparta, Georgia that my father pastored for several years has gone with them and he called his wife yesterday. He said they were at a Welcome Center and he had borrowed someone's phone to make contact. He said they were doing fine and having a blessed time.

And still I worry. It's not that worry is foreign to me, it's just that I'm usually very secure about my parents while they're on their Mission trips, so this is pushing me a little off my stride.

Please add them to your prayer list. And my family, in their absence, could use prayer, also - my sisters and brother, my nieces and nephews, my children and husband. When my parents do missions, we seem to come under a huge amount of attack. The devil tries to hit them where it hurts the most - their children and grandchildren.

My niece who is a legislator on Capitol Hill called twice yesterday. I haven't heard from her in over a year. She stays in close contact with my parents and speaks to them several times a week. After we hung up, it occurred to me that she's missing Grandpa, too, and thus the call to me. We were just sitting down to dinner when the phone rang, so I was a little distracted. Then Don walked through the door from work, so the timing wasn't great and I'm not sure that I did justice to our conversation, but it was good to hear her voice, all the same.

Oops! The phone's ringing and someone just rang the doorbell. Better run for today!

No comments: