Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Moving On to Other Things

I did my Crafts Show on Saturday. Dane really wanted to go with me. I was afraid he'd be bored, but he took a book just in case. He did great and never did get out his book. He shopped, went and got breakfast for me and boiled peanuts for himself, shopped some more, then did a little shopping. He was great company (when he wasn't off shopping and spending all my profits) and I'm glad I took him with me.

I did quite well, considering this was my first show. A couple of the vendors near me told me that I did much better than them, which made me feel very good. I ended up just $3.00 short of the goal I had set for myself, which was pie-in-the-sky since I had not benchmark.

I've decided to not agree to sub at the school anymore until after Thanksgiving. I need to spend some time getting the house in order and ready for Christmas, which will be upon us before I can blink an eye. I'm terrible at saying no, but Don and I discussed it and he's going to back me. Already this week, I've turned down two requests to sub.

At the Crafts Show on Saturday, they had a silent auction. I bid on a night at a local Bed and Breakfast and won it for $60.00. I really want Don and I to get away soon, since we never got to spend a night away for our anniversary. We talked about it last night and just aren't sure when we would be able to fit it in, but possibly in December. The other option, of course, is saving it for our Anniversary next year.

All-in-all, it was a fun day on Saturday and I have lots to keep me busy at home now that I'm finally through the Craft Show. I've spent the last couple of weeks getting ready for it, so now I can concentrate on cleaning out cabinets, trashing junk, and taking items of value to Good Will - one bag yesterday, another today and I have one ready for Friday.

If I can just keep up this momentum, I may be able to fit a Christmas tree in the house by December!

No comments: