Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Time Spurts

Don and I are in charge of a Silent Auction at this year's big fund-raising event for the school - the Christmas Festival. People have been calling and dropping items and donation sheets off at the house all day.

And since I've been at the school the last three days and unavailable to sell pecans, my customers are also pouring into the driveway.

So much for trying to clean and get ready for our Christmas tree. I have to stay in the front of the house, but I needed to set up the boy's new hardwood dresser in their room that matches their bunkbeds and get rid of the old, pressed board ones whose drawers are, literally, falling apart. All their clothes needed to be sorted and transferred and the floor and walls cleaned. I've tried to accomplish this job in snips of time - between the phone and the doorbell ringing.

But things are coming along quite well for the auction. We've gotten several nice items today and Don should be able to finish all the data entry tonight so we can spend tomorrow setting up. I got all the errands run today, too. Barely. As I was taking my purse, the package and Christmas cards (my mothers, not mine - I should be so lucky) that I needed to drop at the Post Office out to the car, a man pulled into the driveway and asked if I'd wait to go and sell him some pecans first. I was glad to take his money.

So I attempt to get my chores done - in little spurts of 5 - 10 minutes. But I remember to be thankful because the interruptions either mean more money for the school or more for my furniture fund, both of which are good!

No comments: