Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Deep Sadness

Not much to say today. We found out Monday that my brother-in-law, who lives in California and is married to my oldest sister, has cancer. They met with the doctor yesterday to discuss options. It seems my brother-in-law, regardless of the treatment option they pursue, has only a 37 (or it might have been 38 - a small number, regardless) percent chance of survival. The cancer is very aggressive and they will be checking my brother-in-law's lymph nodes soon to see if it's already spread.

Pray for a miracle. Pray that God will bring healing. Pray that Jon is in that 37 or 38 %. Pray for peace for my sister and her children. Pray for Jon to know how to address the emotional side of this (men aren't particularly good at dealing with emotions). And pray any other way you're led.

I know that God is a God of miracles. I know that he loves Jonathan, a Baptist Missionary Preacher. I know this cancer can just disappear. I know, and I trust.

Please agree with me in prayer to lay Jonathan at the feet of our Father.

5 comments:

Mom said...

What kind of cancer is it?

I don't know if you got it from my blog, but my husband got diagnosed with Melanoma. We had to go through all kinds of procedures, but we got it all. He's clear now.
Keep praying, I know a lot of times things aren't as bad as they seem.

Patti Doughty said...

Talli, I don't want to give too much detail on my Blog. But, if you e-mail me, I'll be happy to respond.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Kim said...

Praying...

Rachel said...

I'm praying for your brother-in-law, Patti.

Anonymous said...

He and his family have been in my prayers as well.